Subject: [Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:33:15 -0400

On Apr 15, 2010 at 04:20 PM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> And a good script.
> Its all about a good STORY.

That goes without saying.

Just for kicks, I googled "Sundance 5D" and found a trailer that is being
shopped at Sundance.  It looked decent.  They had a behind the scenes shot
of one of the camera operators with the 5D on a Steadicam.  I don't know for
sure how much they cost, but depending on the model, $4-15k.  Without all
the doodads like monitors etc.  That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I've no doubt there will be a lot of innovative filmmakers who will turn out
some wonderful stuff with this new tech.  I also have no doubt there will be
a ton of wedding and other photographers who will strap a $100 mic to the
top of their SLR, call themselves cinematographers, and turn out high
definition crap with hard to hear sound, crappy lighting, poor scripts, etc.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)