Subject: [Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:18:56 -0400

On Apr 15, 2010 at 05:49 PM -0500, George Lottermoser wrote:
> Even on just the camera end the add ons to produce anything close to pro
> quality
> will cost a minimum $4K;
> without even considering the audio add ons required.

Oh I know.  Like I said, I dabbled with audio for video/film for a while,
and the mic accessories (boom pole, windscreen, and mounts) cost in excess
of $1k.  I did not have a mixer, any lavs, or any wireless and was in for
about $7k once I had a bag, recorder, boom mics, and boom accessories.

Cheap wireless is about $500/channel, while pro level wireless is
$2-4k/channel.  And you never use just one channel of wireless at a time.
Usually at least 3.

Of course, that was all without timecode. :D

I still do it some with my brother, who is currently in film school.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)
Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)