Subject: [Leica] HCB
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:08:17 +0100

Indeed not!

Also there's Doisneau and Boubat. Doisneau is possibly underestimated by
many because "The Kiss" is so well known, and some of his shots (the kiss
included) were set up, but he did some outstanding work. Boubat is possibly
my all time favourite French photographer. He had a wonderful eye and he was
one of those whose photographs make me think he was photographing from the
inside looking out, where as I've always felt that HCB was an outsider
looking inwards - which isn't to say he was a bad photographer, just a
different one.

Steve

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] HCB)
Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] HCB)