Subject: [Leica] OT: Opinions on Leica R 100 F4 Macro Elmar 3-Cam
From: fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:26:17 +0200

Hi Jim,

I have the Macro-Elmar in the normal and short version (for the bellows
only). They are optical the same.
The mechanics of the normal version are not as good as the other objectives
from this period.

Optical they are not apochromatic, a littlebit soft in contrast. I still use
these lenses because they are
compact and lightweight. ( the weight is 0,540 kg). I also these lenses
mounted on film- and videocamera's, mainly for macro- and natureshots

I also have the newer Apo-Macro-Elmarit 1:2;8/100mm. This is real
apo-chromatic lens with high contrast
and extreme sharpness. But heavier (0,760kg) and bigger.

Kind regards

Fred Hess