Subject: [Leica] IMG: Take it.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:00:50 -0400

2010-04-20-20:18:34 Mike Durling:
> That's a beautiful image. It brings back memories of growing up just up
> the river from that bridge.

Cool.  This begs the question: on the subject of pork roll, were you a
Taylor family or a Case family?

(And of course -- a pox on those silly North Jersey denizens who
ignorantly refer to all pork roll as "Taylor Ham".)

> Strangely though I only remember daytime views, but that was a long
> time ago.

I have this really vague memory that the '30s neon may have fallen
into disrepair, then been restored sometime in the last decade or two,
but I can't find a reference to confirm or deny that.

> My Grandad worked at the big General Motors plant in Trenton, which
> has long since closed.

Was that the Fisher Body plant in West Trenton, or was there another
GM outpost I never knew about?

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] IMG: Take it.)
Message from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] IMG: Take it.)