Subject: [Leica] IMG: Take it.
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:42:48 -0400

Jeff,

You have to understand that I'm trying to remember things from 40+ years
ago :)

Jeff Moore wrote:
> 2010-04-20-20:18:34 Mike Durling:
>
>> That's a beautiful image. It brings back memories of growing up just up
>> the river from that bridge.
>>

> Cool.  This begs the question: on the subject of pork roll, were you a
> Taylor family or a Case family?
>
> (And of course -- a pox on those silly North Jersey denizens who
> ignorantly refer to all pork roll as "Taylor Ham".)

Wow, pork roll is something I have no memory of.  Sounds good right now,
so maybe there's something in the subconscious.
>> Strangely though I only remember daytime views, but that was a long
>> time ago.
>>

> I have this really vague memory that the '30s neon may have fallen
> into disrepair, then been restored sometime in the last decade or two,
> but I can't find a reference to confirm or deny that.

Yeah, disrepair is how I remember it.  Its a railroad bridge right?
Kinda like a drab green fringed with rust.  Your photo evokes the
audacity and hope of the bridge in its heyday.
>> My Grandad worked at the big General Motors plant in Trenton, which
>> has long since closed.
>>

> Was that the Fisher Body plant in West Trenton, or was there another
> GM outpost I never knew about?

Not that I remember exactly, but Googling and knowing where he lived I
think it was the plant on Parkway ave. in Ewing township.  Its probably
the same place.  My Trenton geography is a little rusty.

>>> http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Stuff-Outside/nightlight/11365892_AmnZg#842899467_amuAU-A-LB
>>>
>>> [M9 at 1250, 35/1.4 ASPH]

Best,

Mike D