Subject: [Leica] Fixing a flippy-floppy Leica ever-ready case on M8
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:45:08 -0400

Peter,
I confess to having no idea whatever about the construction of the M8 case
but I have owned several leather ever ready cases for film Leicas. I had
mine modified at the local shoe repair shop by installing a couple of snaps
on the bottom of the case and the front cover flap. When I wanted to use the
camera but keep the protection of the leather case, I simply unsnapped the
front cover. The camera was held in the case by the tripod screw. To enclose
the camera, I snapped the front back on. As I recall, the modification just
cost a few dollars. Very quick and simple if you can find a shoemaker.
Larry Z