Subject: [Leica] OT: Best Film Scanner for Black and White
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:57:02 -0500

Jim,

I scanned fifty years of family photos, mostly 35mm film and slides, using
an early Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II.  I have an early Epson flatbed scanner
for the few MF and LF negatives, along with prints, that I needed to
digitize.  If you are looking for professional quality, the ones you have
seen recommended are probably the way to go.  If it is just to preserve
family memories, almost any film scanner, with appropriate software, will do
the trick.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA