Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 16 (ric)
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:56:54 +0200

Thanks Ric,

don't take it as (negative) criticism, please, it is not.

To illustrate what I meant, I was at an old friend's last night
recording the voice for a slidehow, and he showed me photos of course,
some taken with a D200, some with his new D700.
There is a difference of course. It can't be the lenses, he's using
the same. But the colours are consistent between digital bodies. And
more surprising, with the slides he'd shot with an F5, F3, back to
Minolta SRT 101.

In your case, the film photos were consistent as a group.
The M8 ones are as a group.
I simply noticed - maybe I'm this is where I'm wrong - that the two
groups have a different colour rendition; hence my questions.

So have your tastes and adjustments changed?
Or are there two Leica colour signatures?
Both?

I would tend to think that the second option is the answer, from what
I see of Steve's and Geoff's M9 photos, the colour rendition is
different. Sort of New Leica inside, using the same lenses.
Yet you're using an M8, and from there arises the other part of my
questionning, i.e. how you get this M9 look from an M8, which I had
not noticed when viewing other luggers' posts.

This is not really about technique, nor philosophy; your results
exceed what I had expected from an M8 thus far, really. That's all,
but that's a lot.

TIA
Bien amicalement de Metz
Philippe

Le 29 avr. 10 ? 16:04, Ric Carter a ?crit :