Subject: [Leica] Mark's PAW - caught up. Phew!
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 10:20:33 +0100

A bit of a mixed bag to bring my PAW up to date....

Week 15 - taken at a recently opened National Trust property called
Croome Park, not far from Worcester.  The house has had a rather varied
past.  It has been the home of the Duke of Coventry, a Catholic boys'
school, a Hare Krishna school and a nightclub.  It still has some very
interesting original features designed by the architect Robert Adam, who
was a personal freind of the Duke and the grounds were the first to be
designed by 'Capability' Brown.
The building is currently virtually empty as it is in dire need of
restoration.  Sadly, due to health and safety concerns, much of the
house is out of bounds to the general Public.
I made good use of my 12mm CV lens - this is a shot taken from the 'Long
Room'.

M8, CV 12mm, ISO 640.

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=paw/2010&image=2010-week15-1.jpg

Week 16 - the remains of an old farm cart.  I'm a real sucker for this
type of stuff :-)

M8, 28mm Elmarit, ISO 160

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=paw/2010&image=2010-week16-1.jpg

Week 17 - Baby spiders.  Dozens of 'em!  They just appeared on the
drainpipe leading to a water butt in the back garden   As the light was
nice and soft, I decided to have a go at photographing them with a macro
lens before it poured with rain (it's a bank holiday weekend - what do
you expect!).
I'm becoming a bit disenchanted with the Canon 20D - it's definitely
showing its age compared to the M8 and Panasonic GF1.  So I may look at
upgrading it to something like a 5D mark 2 when funds permit.

Canon 20D, 100mm Macro lens, 1/2 sec f16, tripod and mirror lock-up.

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=paw/2010&image=2010-week17-1.jpg

So, that's me up to date. I hope you like them.

C&C are welcome as always.

Off to make some peanut cookies and sourdough bread now!

Cheers

Mark
--

Mark Pope,