Subject: [Leica] OT: Why God Made UV Filters
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 21:23:50 +0530

Frank,
The supertankers used to ferry your oil, around 15-20 of them, let out more
pollutants into the atmosphere every year than all the cars in the world put
together, mainly because they use unrefined, poisonous and highly polluting
fuel like Bunker oil, mainly to keep costs of transport down to, if I
remember right, 2/3 cents per gallon.
Cheers
Jayanand