Subject: [Leica] OT: Why God made UV filters - to reduce emissions and downforce and make passing easier at Monaco and the Hungaroring
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 20:23:04 -0400

Well hello Frank! and all!

Bin aweigh & bizzy (oh dear, I recall we're not all crazy USA'ers - that
translates - been away and busy!) and just now found a bit of time to rejoin
you my gangster friends. Reminds me of the terminal curiosities of the
English language. Was it G.B. Shaw who made fun of our mother tongue with
this riddle:

pronouce: GHOTI

the great one's answer: 'gh' as in laugh, 'o' as in women and 'ti' as in
nation; waddaya got? FISH, that's what. ;-)

First, tell me marc hasn't returned.

Then, has anyone noticed that Leica Camera AG shares that were 2 Euros 60
just 14 months ago were 10 today? I haven't followed anything relating to
Leica, the M9, the S2 or anything but I assume that despite the certainty of
some  here that Leica had really screwed up so collosally that they'd be out
of business in a year, it looks like Andreas Kaufmann's strategy and
financing has the Company on a sound footing and in the right direction,
neh?

I'm sure that one of the LHSA members who's on the LUG has informed that
LHSA's annual meeting this autumn will be in Wetzlar once again. Would love
to meet as many of you as can come. When I proposed to the LHSA Board that
we have our 2006 meeting there, many thought it too expensive, not enough
members would make the trip, etc, etc. but it became one of the best
attended meetings we ever had, and not too dear. Leica Wetzlar were
fantastic with arrangements that included of course a factory tour, motor
coaches up to Koln for a day at Photokina, a luncheon cruise on the Rhine,
dinner in a castle, altogether quite wonderful. Please consider joining LHSA
and coming to Wetzlar for the meeting.

Nice to be back, if just for a while.

Seth