Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 for infrared
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:06:40 -0400

A month or so ago I received a 720nm IR cut-off filter which filters
out about 99+% of visible light. I adapted it for use on my CV 15mm
SW-Heliar and walked around town. ISO was 640 and exposures were about
1/15 second on a very bright day. The results were very impressive and
this is one aspect of the M8 that keeps me from wanting an M9. I shot
more IR in one day than I'd ever shot in my life simply due to expense
of the film.
Here are a few:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/218393-2/ir01.jpg color from original
file retained.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/218396-2/ir012.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/218399-2/ir02.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/218402-2/ir03.jpg

The M8 still is one of the nicest cameras ever produced, with
amazing capabilities, regardless of what sensor size camp one may be in.
I'm very happy with mine & I'd get another as a second body in a
heartbeat if I could afford it. The cost of 2 factory refurb M8's would
STILL be less than the cost of one M9 even under the student discount
program! Yowza!

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: M8 for infrared)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] IMG: New M9 Macro Elmar Sample)