Subject: [Leica] IT expert HELP needed - mute SD card ...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:35:54 -0700

I was shooting with 2 16GB and one 8 GB cards during "Costume Con" last
weekend, constantly swapping them in and out. The 8 GB card, for some
reasons (even though all 3 are Class-10) gave me trouble twice, with the
computer not being able to read the card. I bought the recovery software
from here: http://www.cardrecovery.com. It supposes to give you a "preview"
on the free trial version, but that feature doesn't work if the RAW file is
over 10 meg (which is the case with the Leica M9's files), so I went and
bought it and it works well.

I am sure there are other good programs too, but this one also seems pretty
intuitive. I also had a Lexar brand recovery program, but of course I did
not have the software or the license key with me...

It's a Windows program.