Subject: [Leica] Spéos Photographic institute Paris - end of year student exhibition
From: jeffwill_nz at yahoo.fr (Jeff Williams)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 00:52:26 -0700 (PDT)

I had the chance to visit the Sp?os end of year exhibition last night. It is
a well known photographic institute offering a masters in photography course
as well as shorter programs.

See www.speos.fr

Like any private learning institution the courses are not cheap, but I was
amased by the variety of students attending.. Russian, Italian, US,
Japanese, french of course, Indian, Israel,  Arabic,  about a dozen
nationalities.

The students presented their end of year portfolios, all laid out for
perusal. And that was the second surprise as the quality of their work in
general was excellent. I guess with a full tme full year course you'd expect
them to learn something but the standard was truly exceptional.

I picked up a few visit cards from the students I liked.. the sites are
mentioned below.

Amit Shemesh  www.amitshemesh.com

April Wiser  www.aprilwiser.com

Miki Chishaki  www.mikichishaki.com

Niloufar Banisadr www.nilouffarbanisadr.com

Must get around to seeing some of the other photoexhibitions on in Paris at
present. There are too many!!

Regards
Jeff le kiwi