Subject: [Leica] IMG: Canyon Library
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:57:05 -0600
References: <4BF1BF9C.2000105@csdco.com> <436981.16165.qm@web82101.mail.mud.yahoo.com> <4BF1DCBA.6020704@csdco.com> <208058.61805.qm@web82103.mail.mud.yahoo.com> <4BF1FADE.7010604@csdco.com> <159AB209-C43D-46CD-B448-540CFD61702B@mac.com> <4BF31900.7050605@csdco.com> <67F3034B-F831-4675-9D2D-DFFF290F0514@mac.com> <4BF478DB.8040307@csdco.com> <BDDBA20E-0178-445E-93AF-3687D707B313@mac.com> <4BF484D5.7030705@csdco.com> <33C07D94-F9F7-42B6-B7F2-30C4D26BB9E3@mac.com> <4BF5459E.7020305@csdco.com> <DD0BD4CF-68A5-4FAB-B23E-A45EDF93892F@mac.com>

George,

Upon rereading the S2 tests and a few other posts on the DPI forums, one
sees
emotion playing a large role.  It's unsurprising that a part of the fashion
industry is quite concerned with fashion. Phase One is in now.  I still
think
one can conclude that others say, I hesitate to use the phrase "others
think",
the S2 is a decent camera.  In a sense that's too bad, because I usually
prefer
ornery contrarianism, however, it's good for Leica.

I believe Guy Mancuso wrote that he was burned by being an early adopter of
the
DMR, but then many of Doug Herr's photos appear on a DMR thread illustrating
the
opposite.

Overall, I must conclude that everyone is at least mildly deranged.

John

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Canyon Library)
Message from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] IMG: Canyon Library)
Message from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] IMG: Canyon Library)