Subject: [Leica] A couple of Friday Flowers
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:06:12 -0400

Henning:

Thank you for taking the time for this. That Canon is the first Canon slr of
any kind to appeal to me. It looks superb. Did you see that they filmed the
last episode of House all on 5d Mk IIs? I was amazed by the outcome.

Meanwhile my attitude is that you (specifically you, but most others on the
LUG as well)  wouldn't post a photo if it weren't very good so I'm not going
to argue with you if you shot it with a Nikon Coolpix that Ashton Kutcher
gave you. Though I might shudder a little.  I just want to know because it's
how I learn stuff.

I just bought with my last saved pfennigs the pre-AI Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5
(with the extension tube) and bought from elsewhere a set of instructions
for it and was reading today about using the bellows and reversed lens for
real macro work, plus how to use the tube and deal with light etc and it was
all quite interesting.  I will use it on my D40.  Perhaps on the FE with
film later. No bellows though. Maybe in another decade.

So I'm interested in the aperture setting etc. My sense is that micro works
best at the longest possible exposures, involving tripod etc. But as I say
I'm just learning. I took a superb closeup of Gumbi the day the lens
arrived. He was being his usual riotous self.

So thanks again,