Subject: [Leica] Sony cleans up; takes no prisoners.
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:57:00 -0400

I did an album cover shoot with the GF-1 and my main "pro" realization was
that shooting raw the buffer filled up FAST, I had to switch to large .jpg
which wasn't bad, as my lighting was consistent, but I kept thinking "If I
had my Leica d700 I'd be shooting 3x more photos."

My second thought was "Wow, I'm glad I didn't have to lug the Leica d700 all
the way to new york." I read once that Sante D'Orazio (sp) showed up at
Christy Brinkley's house for a photo shoot and they didn't believe he was
the photographer because he just had a k-1000 and a 50.

Anyway, album cover:

Original:
http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/drew-original.jpg
After processing to make it look like the 80's:
http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/drew-polaroid.jpg

kc

I really don't know how many pro jobs have been done  or will be done with
Micro Four Thirds Design format but I know that tons ahve been done and
still will be done with 1.5 crop. And  I'm betting as far as serious pro
photography goes 2x crop is very nitch. A chip off the old nitch.
An M8 or 9 or 6 or 7 are pro cameras worth of the highest work.
4/3's are toys.
So it doesn't matter if you cant see the view finder.
Anyway the camera is going to  get the picture in focus anyway why do you
need to see the viewfinder so clearly? Just point it at what you like and
take a whole bunch of pictures  and look at them later. You'll get one.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner