Subject: [Leica] 6 Bit Lens Coding Questions
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:50:11 -0700

On the M8, except for the most critical use coding lenses 28mm and
wider is fine, for the M9 you have to code 35mm lenses as well for
similar results.

Only black is needed. Flat black is best; if the location you dab the
paint isn't recessed it will wear off after a number of lens changes
no matter what you use.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design