Subject: [Leica] Dubare
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:48:14 +0530

Larry,
I used to do it all the time with a Nikon F3 and a waist level finder.
Nobody ever knew that you could look down and compose on a SLR which
was hanging on your neck or nestled in your lap, so you get very
natural photographs of people. The F3 system had 6 interchangeable
finders and around 15 focusing screens. It was the best system ever
devised. Nikon have now shut the door on such systems because the
finders are not replaceable any more on their flagship range, and they
have only a limited number of interchangeable focusing screens
available. However, autofocus and a little straightening in Photoshop
makes this relatively easily possible again. I will go out in a couple
of days and try this on the GF-1 as well.

The F3 system:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf3ver2/index.htm

Cheers
Jayanand