Subject: [Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 22:35:24 -0400

> I really think they have stopped developing scanners.  Nobody shoots film
> any more.  The Nikon scanners are still the latest and greatest, as far as
> film scanners go.  Some people will tell you that you can use a slide
> duplicator and a DSLR to copy the slides and end up with a very good scan.
>  Not true.  It doesn't even begin to have the same amount of information as
> a scan from a dedicated film scanner.
>
> Tina

So Nikons are still the best that's good to know.
Important for sombody with a body of work which would need to be scanned.
I have tens of thousands of rolls of film from 4 decades. So it should be an
ongoing process. Always going back and finding stuff to scan.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?)