Subject: [Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:37:12 -0400

I have an older Minolta Scan Dual III which I used for many years.  I
bought an Epson V500 for medium format work.  Since I don't have room on
my desk for both scanners I end up using the Epson for everything.  I
find that the results are almost indistinguishable, except that the
Epson, because of its diffuse light source, shows far less dust than the
Minolta.  Batch scanning with the Epson is actually faster because of
the excellent batch capabilities in the stock software.

Neither is particularly high resolution, but more than adequate for me.
I made the mistake of comparing the Epson with an Imacon and the results
with the latter are incredible.  If you want the ultimate in quality
Imacon is the way to go.  Way too expensive though.

Mike D

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Film/slide scanner recommendations? Samples? Anyone use Braun?)