Subject: [Leica] Gold but not in a Fort Knox way
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:57:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Question..... Wineries make a lot of barrels, and in California, sell them
after 4 or 5 uses (of wine ageing).  These are new barrels, used for
imparting oak tanins and flavors to eh wine.

When they wish to impart a certiain sweet and flavorful taste and aroma,
they usually the wineries buy in the used whiskey barrels.

Philippe.. are you saying that Scotch Whiskey is barreled sometimes in used
(Chateau de Yquem, as an example) wine casks?
Implying of course that the wine adds to the whiskey flavors......

Frank