Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Eastern Sierra
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:51:18 +0100

Interesting with one controversial pic. What do you think about your ATV
tourists? Over here they'd be booed and hissed. The ripping effect from
these loons on the Irish mountains has to be seen to be believed. That said,
our trails are soft and easily damaged: your ones may be different and I
could be overreacting.. However cultural imperialism dictates that it is ok
to take a ATV into the hills as they all read US mags which revel in the
great undiscovered outdoors - whether the hills are able for it or not - so
we have these lard arsed eejits raping and pillaging our delicate and boggy
mountains without considering the consequences. Ask them to walk to the
shops, and they'd drop dead from the effort. I'd like to recreate the galley
scenes from Ben Hur.

That said it was good to see US resilience in the World Cup match against
Ghana. Extra time at altitude probably had an effect.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow