Subject: [Leica] Radio operators on the lug? Sound off!
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:29:41 -0700

KG6OBR

I had a few friends who were hams, going back to high school, and always had
it in mind to get a license.  In 2002, after they dropped the code
requirement for Technician, and I was going into the hospital for surgery, I
bought a practice book and studied it during my stay, and took the exam the
week after.  I never did anything with my license until a year or so ago
when our church asked who had licenses to start an emergency communications
net on 2M FM, and I volunteered.

Tom Schofield