Subject: [Leica] LUG party in Palo Alto on 27 Aug 2010
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:33:56 -0700

Sounds like fun!

Tom Schofield

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+tomschofield=comcast.net at leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+tomschofield=comcast.net at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
Brian Reid
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:15 AM
To: LUG at leica-users.org

Marty and Anita Deveney (normally of Adelaide, Australia) are going to be in

my part of the world in late August.

In celebration of that, and of anything else that might need to be
celebrated,
I'm going to hold a LUG party at my house in California on 27 August 2010,
which is a Friday.

I'll try to round up some of the people local to me who were once on the LUG

but have bailed, such as Jim Brick and Jeff Alford.

As the date gets closer (it's 2 months in the future as I post this), I'll
ask
for a bit of clarification about the number of people who might be there.

Details:
        Friday, 27 August 2010, 3:00 pm until we're done
        1995 Waverley Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301 USA
        +1 650 856-3832 if you get lost or something

        I will provide basic American summer-party food, such as burgers,
        chips-n-dip, salad, bread and cheese, etc. And basic American
summer-
        party drink, which is local microbrew beer, California wine, a few
        soft drinks, and water with lots of ice. If you are in the mood to
        bring some food to share, please do.  Despite the presence of
        Australian visitors, I shan't put any shrimp on the barbie.

        I understand the concept of being vegetarian and will provide
adequate
        vegetarian food. If you are vegan or arcturan or some such, you'd
better
        bring your own food or eat before you arrive.

Notes:
        My house is 850 meters from the California Avenue train station,
about
        a 15-minute walk. It's a suburban neighborhood, so if you drive, you
        can probably find a place to park nearby.

        I have a 15-meter 2-lane lap swimming pool, which will be very
inviting
        if it is a hot day. I have a large quantity of pool towels. If it
looks
        like the day will be hot, feel free to bring swimming attire and
jump
        in the pool. Without your Leica.

        I am exactly 1km, walking distance, from Keeble and Shuchat. If
you've
        never been there, you should at least see it.