Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: bryanwi at bryanwi.com (Bryan Willman)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:01:55 -0700

The 21f1.4 has become my most used lens.   I went to LeMans France with
a 12, a 21, and a 35.  Don't recall using the 35 at all.  Used the 12 a
little.  (I had an X1 that did some duties a 35 would have done.)

Something to think about is do you want the 21 or the 24.

Historically, Leica didn't make a 24, there was a 28 and a 21.

Now, you can get lenses down to 12, and Leica makes them down to what,
16?

But the 21f1.4 and 24f1.4 are ultra-fast and very wide.

Since I often shoot the 21 without the accessory finder (point and guess
or center with the finder and guess) I sometimes wonder if the 24 (which
is probably easy to guesstimate with the main finder) might not also be
very good.

In a few days I'll finish a sofobomo book, and post the link here since
it's all Leica shots.
(Many with the 21f1.4)