Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:46:11 +0100

Rabs wrote:
"I'd like to see Leica make a compact ultra sharp slow 21 like the
Voigtl?nder Color-Skopar 21mm f/4.0 which sells for $ 379.00 With a 39mm
filter size. Not 82mm."

I agree and I would definitely be interested in a lens like this, as and
when I can afford a full-frame digital M.  The 21/24 f1.4 are optical
tours de force, but for me, a little over the top.  A 21 and/or 24mm f4
'Summarit' type lens would nice additions to the 'budget' lens range.

I suspect however that Leica will probably concentrate on high-speed
optics, with the next logical lens being a 28mm Summilux.  But who
knows, maybe Leica will expand the Summarit range over time.

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk