Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:46:41 -0400

>  21mm f1.4 Summilux

The 2.8 for a serious photographer  using Leica M gear to me is a  "must -
have".
The 1.4 is more a "great  if one was rich beyond anyone's wildest dreams -
have."
An ultra wide that fast is a bit of an anomaly. We wonder why its necessary
and what it might be used for.
When I heard it announced as a Leica rumor I was sure it was a mistake.
With all the uploading we are seeing on the lug now are we seeing images
which could not have been done otherwise?
Super selective focus ultrawide?
I cant picture in my minds eye one shot done like that.
Normally with an ultra wide angle of view you'd want some solid front to
back as well.

I'd like to see Leica make a compact ultra sharp slow 21 like the
Voigtl?nder Color-Skopar 21mm f/4.0 which sells for $ 379.00
With a 39mm filter size. Not 82mm.

I'm sure Leica could squeeze one out for a measly grand and a half. On their
low end.
And I'd by it. And so would a lot of other people.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?")
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?")