Subject: [Leica] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 00:12:49 -0400 (EDT)

You will need a BIOS change to turn on the second drive...yjr factory option
is set for only 1 drive.

You modify when you cold boot, and I think the command is F12.... but every
tinme you boot, it comes up and tells you what key to hit.....  You then
turn on the second SATA drive location.... save and exit and off you go.

My 2 Dells both use plastic cages to "enclose" the drives, and the bays only
fit those cages.  cost is about $16 each.  Your computer may be
different.....

You will also need to check for a power cable... most retail packaged
derives come with a short power cable splitter, but check this.

When you open her up, look for the first HDD, the second should be right
there as well.  My computer required a right angled cable....and I tried to
get one from Frys..failure.... then EBAY.. did you know there is a right and
wrong way to turn 90 degrees?  I got the wrong one.... finally I found a
second location that was not factory "normal" to put it... and if fits fine,
uses a straight in cable and Bob is my Uncle....
But look and figure it out first.... it is the small details that make it
frustrating....

Frank....

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Seeking Hard Drive Advice)