Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:46:51 -0400

NO photo is the TRUTH--NOT ONE. At best it is a statement of the
photographers perception of reality.

We sell our perception of an event--our trustworthiness-our appeal as
artists.

There are people with the skills to produce that picture from scratch
without a camera. We've allowed commercial art on news covers forever. If
the identical picture were produced without camera, would it be okay?

Any photographer who thinks they are presenting reality forgets what they
hold in their hands and and the power their brain and eyes exert over their
equipment.

ric

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday))
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday))