Subject: [Leica] Film: Bluefire Police ISO 80
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:37:53 -0500

When I have a single roll of questionable film
(unknown qualities, outdated, untested, etc.)
I choose a single subject and composition;
focus the entire roll on that one subject
with controlled variables (of your choice);
Vary the ISO to include 20, 40, 80, 160, 320.
Vary the lighting contrast at each ISO
from extremely flat through steps to higher contrast.

If you've actually taken the time
to choose an interesting subject,
compose an interesting photograph
and keep notes on each frame;
whatever soup you send it through
you'll achieve a few interesting frames;
while learning what that film, in that soup,
can and cannot do.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com