Subject: [Leica] Macro
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:28:39 +1000

Tina  of course it depends on just how close you want to go. Going down to a
smaller sensor size also has the effect in practice of increasing the DoF as
you would know.
I encourage you to look at the the Macro Elmar 90. The quality is certainly
there and it is by far the most compact solution to add to your bag too.
Framing is very accurate with and without the adapter. At closest focus it
covers about 6 inches by 9 inches and with the macro adapter down to  2.8
inches x 4.25 inches. Compromising only by a crop to equivalent from an M8
you get smaller fields again but still all of the quality you could wish for
stock or print to that camera's standards too. Tht gives you some
compositional leeway too naturally.
The working distance is greater than a true macro too, of course.
As a bonus it is a fine portrait lens or compact short tele. In rendering it
is different in character to the ASPH. designs for those applications but
still plenty of sharpness obtainable.

You may have seen this a little while ago. This version is at 100% for web
viewing but you can see the detail and quality I'm sure.

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/124448398
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman