Subject: [Leica] External Hard Drive Enclosures
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:27:15 -0500

Because I need some more HD space, I have been considering adding either an
internal or external drive to my desktop system.  I have discovered at
Newegg a Rosewill RX-358-S 3.5" SATA to USB & eSATA External Enclosure with
an internal 80mm fan.

I just checked the editing performance of Elements 6.0 using another USB2
external drive, and can really tell no difference from using files on my
internal HD.

A cooled, external, drive avoids adding more heat inside my existing case,
and should provide a long-life system.

Has anyone had any experience with Rosewill products?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] External Hard Drive Enclosures)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] External Hard Drive Enclosures)