Subject: [Leica] Leica Around the World?
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 01:25:49 +0000 (GMT)

Unless anyone has a beater Leica M they'd like to send on its own around the
world, I'm willing to send my M3 loaded with a roll of film.  I figure if 38
members participate, each contributing 25 USD in advance, then there'd be a
sign

of commitment and cash in the kitty in case the camera got lost while not
insured.  Participants should be LUG members who have either contributed to
group discussions, or can be vouched for in some other way.

The kitty money would not be a substitute for postal insurance, but a
back-up,
because postal insurance only covers the camera in transit.  The kitty
contributions could be send to a trusted LUG member who is a different
person
from the one providing the camera.  Ideally, the camera returns to its owner
and

the kitty is sent to an agreed charity.

If we can't find 38 participants, but we can find 14, then it could still be
done, but each member would have two frames each instead of one.
Personally, I
think it'd make for a better story with only one frame each.

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Leica Around the World?)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica Around the World?)