Subject: [Leica] Leica Around the World
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

Postage and insurance
I read a long thread on some other camera forum, maybe RFF, on this issue of
insured value way in excess of gift value.  The conclusion was basically
that it
is legitimate practice, even more so if a camera is being sent for repair or
few days loan.  For customs purposes regarding import tax, the commercial
value
of the shipment in our case might well be declared as zero and in complete
good
faith, because no commercial purpose is at hand, no profit is being made,
and it
is not a possession owned by the recipient, a mere 2-day gift-loan is being
made.  Anyway, thanks for the note of caution, Nathan, and I will try to get
this confirmed by the UK Post Office soon.
By the way, Nathan, I was rather hoping you might participate...

Website
Yes, as Philip and Chris W. say, it seems Wordpress would be the way to go,
as
all would be free to contribute content.
 Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Leica Around the World)