Subject: [Leica] Leica Around the World
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:24:10 -0700 (PDT)

Kodachrome
If we are going ahead with the Kodachrome, could someone call Dwayne's and
ask
them when is the latest they will accept the film?  I read that although the
deadline for processing is December 2010, they want the films in by
November.
 Obviously we can pass the camera along exposing Kodachrome until the
Dwayne's
deadline, then swap it for some Provia 400X, or whatever is preferred.

Kitty purpose and clarification
I should point out that I bought my M3 from Popflash about a year ago for
around
$750, so if we don't get many more participants on the list, I'd be willing
reduce the kitty amount.  I initially suggested $950 because after it's
world
trip, the M3 might appreciate a CLA and back-rub.  The desired function of
the
kitty would be as a basis for a charity contribution.  If the camera came
back
with film intact, we could make gift calendars, or a book, and try to find
other
ways to make that kitty grow.  Also, with the camera looking set to clock up
thousands of miles, we might even be able to find a sponsor to contribute a
cent
per mile.  Pity the camera can't claim any Air Miles!  Does it need a
passport?
 I think it's Leica Passport expired a few decades ago.

Website?
It would be nice to set up a website to tell the story and to show the
camera's
progress on a world map.  Recipients could post e-postcards of the M3
enjoying
different places.  However, I have no ability in that field.  Is there
anyone
for whom setting up such a website might not be too much trouble?
 Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Leica Around the World)