Subject: [Leica] Flashbulbs + M8
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:41:29 -0400

I'm wanting to use flashbulbs with the M8 to shoot IR photos using my
720nm opaque filter. The flashbulbs put out much more light and
further, much more IR than my strobes. This will allow me to shoot IR
handheld at 160 ISO, illuminating the subject and depending
upon background distance, leaving the background completely dark.
Effectively, turning day into night.

The question I have is if the current of the flashbulb unit could harm
the M8. I called Leica NJ and they said they had no idea (after
researching the question for 3 days) how the current from the CEYOO
would affect the M8 since they do not have any data regarding current
in that flashbulb unit.

Optimally, I'd like to use a CEYOO but for now and for scenes needing a
bit more light, I'm using a Graflex Graflite with #5 & #25 bulbs
synched with a pocket wizard. This is a clumsy and very large setup
though.

My question is: can anyone out there measure the current from a CEYOO
when a flashbulb is triggered?

Thanks all!
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Flashbulbs + M8)