Subject: [Leica] Flashbulbs + M8
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:24:13 -0400

I already own the M8, so most of the expense is right there. Flashbulbs
can be had cheaply around here at yardsales, thriftstores and sometimes
online.
I don't want full visible spectrum + IR. I just want above 700nm which,
with ISO 160 would force me to use a tripod and expose for several
seconds unless I blast it with a powerful flash.

The flashbulbs emit a LOT of IR and with the 720nm filter, the
attenuation of that end of the spectrum is great so it brings out the
foreground a lot and can effectively black out the background, even
during the daytime. This way, I shoot at 1/30 sec and use GN for my
apertures.

Buying another camera and having it modified is not really the solution
I'm looking for, nor can afford.

Phil Forrest