Subject: [Leica] Leica Around the World
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:51:49 +0900

My hope was for members of the LUG to share in a project of sending a
Leica M around the world.  There are difficulties.  Depending on the
number of participants, and how we could decide to ensure compensation
in case the camera gets lost, each would ay between 30 and 60 dollars
each.  The way I see it, working as a group to send a Leica M around
the world, and back to its destination point with a photographic
record of its travels is a romantic proposal.
Peter Cheyne

As I follow this thread
I'm trying to understand the point of the exercise.
It seems that one roll of film will be exposed with different lenses
and then processed and posted.

If we each used the same film type and our own camera and M lens;
what would be the difference in the photographs achieved?

Is the idea that "this camera with this film"
took a trip around the world
at a total travel cost of $500 - $800?

or?

What am I missing here?