Subject: [Leica] More on "last roll of Kodachrome"
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:41:21 -0500

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Richard Man <richard at
imagecraft.com>wrote:

> we are bemoaning the lost of a great film :-(

It is a great film, and I have lots of Kodachrome slides from when I was a
teenager in Europe (1960) that seem as bright and colorful as the day they
came back to me in the mailer a couple weeks after I sent them out.

That was always the problem.  Timeliness of processing.  Unless you were
living near a lab, Kodachrome was not a film you could keep loaded in your
money camera.

Enter Ektachrome.   A little blue at first, but gets the job done, and with
processing anyone could do.

Enter Fujichrome.   Wow-o-wow colors

Enter C41 Mini labs, especially Fuji Frontier.  1 hour or less!

Kodachrome goes to the camera store's refrigerator bottom shelf,

Enter Digital,  right now!

*"They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So Mama don't take my Kodachrome away" *

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com