Subject: [Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions
From: alal at poly.edu (A.Lal)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:27:19 -0400

 Further to this thread I have some rough 'n ready data to present to this
group.

My son took delivery of his i7 laptop- he was unwilling to accept a lowly
i5 - a couple of weeks ago. It is a Sony F series build-to-order model with
a 16 inch, full 1080p HD screen, blu-ray burner, 1 GB dedicated video card,
4GB RAM, backlit keyboard, bluetooth, wireless  N, and so on and on and
on.... IOW, just what a  respectable teenage schoolboy needs to mantain
street-cred with his classmates.

With the new battery charged to 100% we  get a run time of  around 3 hours
while surfing the net and playing music off the HD. Power settings at
factory default and multiple applications open in the background. Not as bad
as I had  feared.

His dad is interested in one of the Sony Z series laptops with an i7  - must
mantain parity in the CPU arms race -  with a full 1080p HD screen. I expect
the little model will have about the same run time with its smaller screen.
Not great but adequate, and one can always buy a large battery.  So expect
to see some mint Sumilux-Ms FS soon.

Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Macro - now LF Macro)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Macro - now LF Macro)
Message from alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal) ([Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions)