Subject: [Leica] TSA carry ons, tripods & light stands allowed?
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:17:37 -0400

Hey folks - normally I check my tripod bag, but now that they want $25 to
check a bag, I just stuffed my clothes in my bag w/ my light stand and was
planning on carrying it on. While there's nothing on the TSA website that
says light stands / tripods are specifically permitted, there's nothing that
says they're specifically forbidden either. Anybody have any experience
either way recently?

(I heard an exasperated flight attendant recently say that the airlines
should be charging for carryons instead of checked bags & that sure made
sense to me....)

Travelin' light to Chicago...

Kyle

--