Subject: [Leica] Lincoln Center Fountain silhouettes at night
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:08:29 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/100704_225458.jpg.html

I don't know how I got such tack sharp results shooting at 100th of a second
with a 200mm focal length with a 1.5 crop circle factor camera at night.
But its the ultra compact 55-200 again. And so an effective at full frame
format 300mm @ 100th of a second!
To me the dioramas presented by people in this At Josie Robertson Plaza
Fountain; called The Revson Fountain every night are amazing. But I usually
have a wide on my camera. And luckily this night a week or two ago I had a
long lens on.

The people in the shot when they see me taking pictures of them off off to
the side assume I'm getting their faces. They don't know I'm just getting
their outlines.  So its an unusual deal. I feel real brave because I don't
feel like I'm invading anyone's privacy. But THEY don't know that. Much of
what goes on at the fountain is people taking pictures of each other. But
with flash usually. Not at this moment though.
And here I am standing off with a long zoom speaking with a student with a
camera bag who had the same exact lens on her camera. Both the non VR
version...who needs virtual reality when we  have the real thing?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/01/11/100111fa_fact_seabrook?printab
le=true
Or
http://tinyurl.com/38474c4