Subject: [Leica] AA or Uncle Earl?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:22:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Richard, I have read the Sexton commentary..... he does not say thet were
NOT made by AA, just that it is possible they were not.  BTW, for those not
on John's newsletter, he has stated that he has not inspected any of the
negs.

He makes one very important argument... the plate holders markings ( or
shadows, if you will) would be unique to each and every plate holder, and
"embedded" in each plate.  An examination of known negatives of AA and these
of question, by someone who knows about such things, would say if they were
exposed by known AA plate holders.

But, even if they were, there is no known way to proove that AA did actually
expose the negs..... and never will be.

But, if you want to own a "Earl or AA" print (or is that "AA or Earl"
print?) , $7500 will get you one....and if it were an authentic AA neg, it
would probably be worth it, and if you actually like the image, it
definitely be worth it......and a digital print at $1000 or 1500 is certinly
worth while......

Frank

BTW, as far as I know, these are the only negs attributed ( by anyone)to AA
that exist outside the Trust.....or the Center where his negs now
reside......

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] AA or Uncle Earl?)