Subject: [Leica] Lincoln Center Fountain silhouettes at night
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 03:29:28 -0400

That lens is the size of a normal lens and zooms in to an equitant 300mm's.
Not rangefinder work.
The reason why Leica rangefinder people have also had a nikon hanging around
their lens is a long zoom or other things an SLR is more ideally suited for.
In this case its an 80 to 300 which looks like a 50.
But I'll be shooting not that much with it as I go to full frame.
Any snap shooting I do with the smaller format I'll do with a compact body
my d40x and a 35mm g AFS 1.8 lens.

The reason this shot by the way has an edge over much of my similar work is
the auto iso is giving it an iso of 720. Not 1600 as most night shots are
going to get.

A Summilux 35 would be great on an m9 I'm happy for you and envious.

--
Mark William Rabiner
mark at rabinergroup.com