Subject: [Leica] dpreview: Panasonic officially announces DMC-LX5 premium compact
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:16:31 -0500

I think Panasonic is a victim here of it's own success. Who could go
back to the LX3 or LX5 after they've used a GF1 or GH1 or EP1 or 2
with a 'real' sensor (half-frame I'll admit but capable in most hands
of equaling or better the results from APS-C DSLRs) which is not much
bigger than the LX cameras. I think the micro 4/3 bodies are about as
close as one can get to an Leica M digital without the expense AND
they can use M and R glass.

Jim Laird