Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Leica is better than your cell phone
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 18:21:33 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Klein wrote:

>A friend took some photos of me with his cellphone at a party I was
>shooting with my M8. The light was a combination of tungsten and
>cloudy-dull window light.
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Davidov30/IMG00028-20100619-2032.jpg.html>
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Davidov30/IMG00029-20100619-2035.jpg.html>
>
>And I shot him as he shot me.
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Davidov30/L1006540-w-1.JPG.html>
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/Davidov30/L1006542-w-1.JPG.html>
>
>Sorry, folks, no contest.
>
>Size does matter, up to a point, that point being determined by the size
>you want to print and display, the amount of light available, and
>whether all you care about is recognizable photos of your friends, or
>something more.

Ansel Adams wasn't omniscient, but w.r.t. things photographic especially
technical quality he had a lot of wisdom.  When asked what the best camera
is, his response was "The biggest one you're willing to carry".

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: My Leica is better than your cell phone)