Subject: [Leica] Rating Kodachrome K64 at what ISO?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:15:56 -0500

Well I stand corrected.

Small batch machine?

Due to the configuration of the immense
finely timed and tuned machine I ran for almost a year
I didn't think a "small batch" possible.
It took four of us (a line manager, two operators and lab technician)
a good hour and a half just to get it threaded, temperatures stabilized,
test strips off and read, PH tested and up and running;
after which it became all about keeping it running;
with no breaks in the spliced continuous feed of film.
Shutting it down and cleaning was another hour +.

I'd have to imagine that even in a "small batch machine"
one would pay a significant premium
to run 1-4 rolls as a K-14 custom batch.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com