Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hope
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 09:20:02 -0500

Thanks Gene.
I do wish I'd had a tad more dof on the back markings.
But in general I'm pleased with the photograph.

While I appreciate the technically perfect, near scientific documents
achieved by the techniques Mark often refers to
(smallest aperture, strobe lights and/or extremely high shutter speeds)
I also find great beauty when areas of the image flow [poetically] in and
out of focus.
If and when this more painterly approach manages to get the right things in
and or out.

For me this becomes a "decisive moment" sort of approach.
Everything is moving, me, the camera, the flowers, webs and critters;
and grabbing that fraction of a second (however long or short)
when the photograph appears most lovely remains the challenge.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com